Strategic Purchasing Manager EUROPE
Working at conTeyor is MAD. MAD stands for Making A Difference, and that is what every conTeyor colleague does, every day. We all Make A Difference. For ourselves, our team, and foremost for the customer, as we all contribute to delivering that excellent service. conTeyor is an international player in the development and supply of reusable packaging solutions for delicate manufacturing parts (for 90% in the automotive sector). The organization has been developing and producing patented sustainable solutions in textiles, plastic and steel since 1995 and has been a market leader in Europe for more than 25 years.
To sustain its growth the company is currently looking for a (M/F/X)
Strategic Purchasing Manager EUROPE
(Workplace: Czechowice-Dziedzice, Poland)
YOUR ROLE: Develop & Execute the Purchasing Strategy
- As Strategic Purchasing Manager, you develop and execute strategies, and tactical plans to ensure that all Purchasing goals, objectives and KPIs are met.
- Based on a good understanding of the operational issues, a strong expertise and market knowledge, you support the Board in making business decisions.
- You assess and select suppliers and service providers for the European Operations (Poland, Moldova, Czech Republic, Turkey) in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets.
- You negotiate long-term contracts that set out prices, quality standards, cost-reduction targets, delivery timescales in order to achieve business savings.
- As a trusted partner, you build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and ensure good communications and solid collaborations.
- You assess and evaluate suppliers on a regular basis and undertake performance reviews to guarantee contract compliance and manage performance improvement activities.
- Working in close collaboration with the European Operations, you ensure that the supply base of conTeyor fully meets the demands of our customers regarding costs, flexibility, lead times, innovation, and quality.
- You are responsible for the development and implementation of procurement processes and monitor compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures within the organization.
YOUR PROFILE: Purchasing Expert with Manufacturing Experience
- You have a Bachelor/Master Degree in business administration (or related) and proven experience in a purchasing role within a manufacturing environment.
- Purchasing experience of steel products is a plus.
- As an expert in your domain, you have strong negotiations as well as relationship building skills and you can work with partners at all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical skills, business & finance acumen are key for this role.
- You are a driven, result and solution-oriented person with a proactive attitude who can work autonomously.
- In a team, you are recognized for your collaborative skills, your multi-cultural awareness and your flexibility.
- You are fluent in Polish with a good working knowledge of English (both written and oral). The knowledge of German is a serious asset.
- You are familiar with MS Office Applications (PowerPoint, Word, Excel).
- This position is based in Czechowice-Dziedzice, Poland and regular travel to visit our suppliers and operations is required.
What can conTeyor offer you?
- A unique opportunity to work for an international, innovative company that offers high-quality products and present in 34 countries across Europe, the United States and North America.
- An environment with a strong company culture based on trust, integrity, and respect for the individual.
- A company that has sustainability in its DNA.
- The possibility to work in an ambitious, committed, and international team.
- An international position where you can use your experience and knowledge to give advice and have a real impact on the organizational business decisions.
- A flexible working model to organize your work and your responsibilities in full autonomy.
- A human scale organization with short decision lines that encourages creativity and initiatives and can offer international career opportunities.
- A competitive fixed salary combined with a bonus and a wide range of social benefits:
- Benefits from the Social Benefit Fund (Santa Claus party for the kids of our employees, subsidiaries for holidays, family events bonus such as birth of a child, wedding, allowances for random events).
- Card for snack and beverage vending machines
- Additional benefits (including private medical care, MultiSport card, language classes, group life insurance)
- Employee referral program
How can you apply?
Please, send your CV in English via link below: